Saturday, August 22, 2009

Five days post op and all is well

Well I made it to my first Saturday with no complications (thank you God). Have lost at least 13 lbs since starting the liquid diet 12 days ago. My stomach (incision) pain is better and I have not taken daytime pain meds in days...just a little at night. Have been sleeping through the night the past two nights and back in my bed with Hanna between Mike and me. She seems to know to stay away from my stomach and only spoons with Mike! Ha! I have walked all over my house for exercise and even wore regular clothes today but still have no energy (nor am I allowed) to do more than sit, lie down or walk. This is really hard for me. For those who know me, I am major type A person and always doing something... so, I finally found a couple of sit down projects. Only problem is it hurts to sit straight up for a long time. This too shall pass, meanwhile I am going stir crazy.

Several friends have brought Mike dinner (thank you dear friends). I have sniffed and frozen a bit of each dinner for when I can eat it in a few weeks. Cannot drive yet so definitely have cabin fever. My last complaint is the liquid diet. Have one more week of this and boy is it ever tough. Liquified soups and protein shakes get so old so fast. I blended my lentil, turkey, portabello soup until it was liquified but could not drink it because it was just too gross. Have even liquified chicken and stars, chicken noodle etc but they are just bad...so glad this is temporary.

To end on a positive note...I am grateful that I am alive and have this chance to improve my health. Thanks to all who have sent me healing thoughts and prayers.

1 comment: