Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm feeling terrific!

Sorry I have not been blogging. Verrrry busy with work stuff, but that is over and done and I am free! Yipeeee!! I am focusing now on me, exercise and my consulting business.

It's been six weeks since my surgery and all is well. I have lost 28 lbs (by my scales and 30 lbs by the Dr's scales) and most of my clothes are hanging on me or I am wearing stuff I have not worn in many, many years. What a great feeling!! My energy is super high and my joint pain is so much better.

I had my first fill on September 29...they added 1cc to the residual 3cc in my band. The fill was super simple, no pain at all and no big deal. Stayed on liquids for 2 days but have not had any feeling of tightness. I am not supposed to get another fill for 3 weeks, but I think I will call the doctor to see if we can move that earlier because I just don't feel any different.

I am enjoying eating lots of salads, soups and every now and then one flattened, crustless piece of wheat bread with liverwurst and mayo folded in half. Sounds gross, but a regular sandwich will not work I am sure. Plus I love liverwurst! I had one "PB" incident a few weeks ago when I mindlessly ate and swallowed a corner of a piece of dried out banana bread. OH MAN! I always wondered what "stuck" and "PB" was...now I know and I will never mindlessly eat again.

When I eat, my husband finishes 10 minutes before I do but hangs with me while I chew and chew. I have to say that I do feel hunger a lot still, but I just refuse to give into it. Hopefully the next few fills will change that.

Now my big challenge is to exercise. Got to get into the habit of that asap. Good luck to you all out there!

2 comments: